Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Wrap-up

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Had 5 inches cut off my hair, had 2 root canals, had an upper-endoscopy, ate rice pasta and egg bread.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did not make resolutions last year, nor will I this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not really
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no, a few people came close, unfortunately
5. What countries did you visit?
Does the country of Tar-jay count?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Patience and Gluten.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day my dad was diagnosed with Prostate cancer & Election Day (but not because I voted for Obama)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it to three years old with my twins without loosing my sanity
9. What was your biggest failure?
Staying present with my kids. Balancing their needs with mine. It's a work in progress.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had two root canals, does that count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a remote for my camera
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
huh?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nancy Grace
14. Where did most of your money go?
The lake property, the pop-up camper, C's hunting stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The gluten-free chocolate chip cookies I made that were delish.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That damn Will.I.am song with the Obama saying chanted all throughout the song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier b) thinner or fatter? Thinner c) richer or poorer? Richer (not saying that to be arrogant, we just got lucky)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Drank
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelled/argued/nagged
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With both sides of our families
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love thankyouverymuch
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The New Adventures of Old Christine
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Glass Castle
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing, unfortunately.
26. What did you want and get?
Almost everything. I am very spoiled.
27. What did you want and not get?
New counter tops in the kitchen, new kitchen sink and faucet, larger laundry room...
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I saw one movie this year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 39 and I spent the evening with my husband and kids eating cake for the last time ever. 30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If the twins had a larger vocabulary and if they were less whiny.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Tighter jeans, tighter shirts
32. What kept you sane?
my own personal time outs
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy? I guess I admire Hilary Clinton for the way she handled the defeat and accepted her new job.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election in general. Obama scares me.
35. Who did you miss?
My friend Patty who lives in Chi Town
36. Who was the best new person you met?
A fellow mom from school that volunteered with me during the fundraiser. She was afraid to volunteer more because she didn't think she could handle being in charge and being organized. By the next meeting, she was taking over an activity for the kids. I was shocked, but happy. Maybe I encouraged her enough to take it on...?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I need more than 6 hours of solid sleep a night for me to be ok during the day.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
sorry, I've got nothing.

Happy New Year!

(I found this post originally at http://mandajuice.typepad.com/mandajuice/2008/12/2008-yearend-review.html)

No comments: