Thursday, June 05, 2008

What, me? Organized?!

Now, let me first start off by saying that I am in no way an "Organizational Guru". You wouldn't believe the mess in certain closets/rooms in our house...

I do come up with "ah ha!" moments that really work for us, so I'd like to share them here.

The first one is this over-the-door pocket shoe holder. It hangs in the little closet we have in our very tiny and cramped back hall. Before this, there were thousands of shoes laying in the space between the back door, laundry door and our bedroom door. This space is my husband's biggest pet peeve in the house.

In the Winter, we put mittens, gloves and hats in the pockets, as seen here:

Now, in the Spring/Summer, we are putting our shoes & sandals in the pockets:


This "pocket system" works very well for smaller shoes, like our toddlers' and 10 year old's shoes. Not so well with my husbands big tennis shoes. Those are in a laundry basket in our bedroom.

This system is really working for our family. When I ask the twins to "put their shoes in the pockets" they do. When our 10-year old asks "Where are my shoes?" I have to remind him about the hanging pockets... I'm pretty sure he'll catch on, one of these days.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to submit this to "Works for me Wednesday" on Rocks in My Dryer! That's a really good idea!