Monday, June 16, 2008

the one where my husband found a nighty

Shock and awe will ensue.

Last night, my husband was organizing his side of the closet. You know, pulling out his winter clothes and swapping them with his summer clothes.

Well, for some reason he snooped around on MY side of the closet and found a box of nighties that I wore pre-children. Yup. I gasped too. He approached me with one of them and said, "I'd like you to wear this tonight." And I was all "you've got to be kidding me, right?" And he's all, "no, really, put it on later."

I wondered around the house trying to find stuff to do to delay the embarrassment, but I was too tired to pick up more toys or fold more laundry. I went to wash my face and brush my teeth and my hubby was in there shaving and using mouthwash (a sure sign that he's expecting some lovin').

Gulp.

I closed the bathroom door and slipped on the nighty. OMG. It fit. It really fit! And it kinda disguised my baby belly.

I opened the door and he was all smiles.

The end.

No comments: