Tuesday, May 30, 2006

3 days till "Summer"

It's that time of the year again. I hear in my brain the Alice Cooper song, "Schoooool's out. for. summer!". I remember as a kid I used to love that last week of school. No homework, no real class time work, just hot, lazy days dragging.

Friday will be J's first day of vacation. We are baptizing our babies on Sunday, so this week and Saturday will be jammed with preparations for the lunch we're hosting after the service.

I know that J will want to "go do something fun" right when school's out, but this year is gonna be different. Everything is different since the babies were born.

We all have had to make huge adjustments to the twins' arrival. But I think J has had to make the biggest change, but surprisingly, he's doing it in stride. He rarely complains, but I know he feels like he's getting the "raw end of the deal".

On one hand I'm very glad that our twin boys waited to join our family until J was 8 years old. J is such a big help and truly enjoys these babies. Having kids close together is so very scary to me. My fertility issues were something very unplanned in my very planned life. It's funny how it all works out.

On the other hand, I wanted another baby much sooner than this, but it was not meant to be. It's just God's way of showing us that everything does happen for a reason. We were able to spend 8 years with J, catering to (most of) his every needs, giving him 100% of our love and affection, and it shows in his personality. He's a wonderful boy.

So, once this weekend settles down, we'll head to the zoo or some other fun spot. I'll pack up the babes and won't complain once about the trouble it is to leave the house with two breast-feeding babies. And I'll do it all with a smile, just for J.

No comments: